Lume Cannabis Co.
4/20 Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Please read these Official Rules carefully before entering the Lume Cannabis Co. 4/20 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that you have read, and are bound by the terms and conditions set forth below as if you had signed a written contract. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set forth below, you may not enter the Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor may modify the terms and conditions of these Official Rules as described below, and you agree to familiarize yourself with such modifications by reviewing, from time to time, the “Official Rules” posted at https://www.lume.com/raffle/ (the “Website”).
1. Void Where Prohibited or Restricted by Law: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void in any state or local jurisdiction where it is prohibited or restricted by law or regulation.
2. No Purchase Necessary, No Cost to Eligible Entrants: There is no cost to any Eligible Entrant (as defined herein) to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win a Prize.
3. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Lume Cannabis Co., 769 Chicago Road, Troy MI 48083 (the “Sponsor”). No other company is responsible for this Sweepstakes or the award of the Prize(s).
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States residing in the state of Michigan, who are eligible to purchase marijuana products under Michigan law (i.e., at least 18 years old as of the date they enter the Sweepstakes with a valid medical marijuana card or at least 21 years old with a valid governmental ID card to confirm age), and submit a qualifying entry as provided for in these Official Rules between 10:00 on April 1, 2021 and 15:00 on April 2, 2021 Eastern Time as well as between 10:00 on April 6, 2021 and 12:00 on April 20, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Persons who meet all the foregoing criteria are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and to win a Prize and are referred to herein as “Eligible Entrants.” Only Eligible Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes. Any entry by a person not deemed to be eligible, or not submitted in strict compliance with these Official Rules shall be considered void and the entrant, whether eligible or not, shall be disqualified. Employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents of the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, and advertising and promotion agencies, Sponsor-authorized parties associated with the design, administration and/or fulfilment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the immediate families of such persons (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstakes Description/How to Enter: No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Eligible Entrants may enter by (1) making a purchase of $100 or more at a Lume retail location (with each $100 increment earing an additional entry) and/or (2) sending a 3”x5” white index card with the entrant’s name, address, phone number, and email address on it, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to “Lume Cannabis Co., 861 N. Pontiac Trail, Walled Lake MI 48390 ATTN: 4/20 Sweepstakes.“ There is no limit to the number of index cards that may be submitted in this manner, but each must be sent separately. Sponsor will send a ticket to each mail-in entrant using the self-addressed stamped envelopes. Sponsor is not responsible for tickets not being received by entrants in time for the prize drawing due to the timing by which they were received.
6. Winner Selection by Random Drawing/Prizes/Conditions/Odds of Winning: A random drawing from all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be conducted at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period.
- The Prizes: Up to 2 Prizes will be awarded. A Grand Prize will consist of approximately $1,500 worth of Lume merchandise and/or store credit (at Sponsor’s option). A Runner-Up Prize will consist of approximately $750 worth of Lume merchandise and/or store credit (at Sponsor’s option).
- Manner of Selecting Prize Winners: Prize Winners will be chosen by a random drawing of ticket numbers during an event to be livestreamed on Lume’s Instagram account (@Lumecann) at 4:20 p.m. ET on April 20, 2021.
- Prize Winner Responsible for All Associated Costs: Each Prize Winner is responsible for all costs associated with accepting the Prize, including taxes, government surcharges, fees or expenses. Additionally, the Prize Winner is responsible for any other related costs or expenses related to the use of the Prize.
- Claiming Prize: Prizes may only be claimed as follows:
- by the Prize Winner;
- in person at a Lume retail location in Michigan;
- following demonstration of eligibility; and
- after confirming in writing the Prize Winner’s agreement with these Official Rules.
- No Substitution of Prize. If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Winner within 7 days of being notified, it will be forfeited and the Sponsor may, in the Sponsor’ sole discretion, award the Prize to another randomly selected Eligible Entrant. Prizes will not be awarded to any person, whether eligible or not, outside of Michigan or in any jurisdiction where this Sweepstakes is restricted or prohibited by law or regulation. Sponsor will not permit substitution, transfer or payment of a cash equivalent for a Prize except that the Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may substitute a Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value, as a result of the unavailability of the Prize or any component thereof, or for any other reason.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Subject to limitations in these Official Rules, the Prize(s) will be awarded.
7. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner’s entry and/or acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission of the Prize Winner for Sweepstakes Entities to use, without notice or further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, such Winner’s name, likeness, pictures, photographs, voice, biographical information, and statements for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion, and publicity, including on social media.
8. General Conditions of Participation in This Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at the Sponsor’s discretion, with or without notice. The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations (collectively, “Rules and Laws”). If Sponsor determines that any Rules and Laws prohibit the Sweepstakes as currently organized, Sponsor may cancel or modify the Sweepstakes as it sees fit in order to comply with any applicable Rules and Laws. If for any reasons, the Sponsor finds that the Sweepstakes has become corrupted by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which corruption in the Sponsor’ sole opinion, affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or the granting of a Prize or any component thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof to conduct the drawing and award the Prizes from all eligible, salvageable Sweepstakes Entries received (if any), prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner that his fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. In the event that Sponsor determines that there are insufficient eligible entrants, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not award any or all Prizes.
9. Limitation of Liability: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from user’s participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes materials, or the announcement of a Prize Winner. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL ENTRANTS, ELIGIBLE OR OTHERWISE, AGREE: A) TO FULLY AND COMPLETELY RELEASE SPONSOR, AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS (INCLUDING OUTSIDE ATTORNEYS) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE; B) THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ANY PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; AND C) THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
10. Interpretation of Official Rules: The Sweepstakes, these Official Rules, and any cause of action arising from the Sweepstakes (whether in contract or in tort), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
11. ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF INJUNCTIVE RELIEF; GOVERNING LAW: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY, OR INTERPRETATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN OR NEAR TROY, MICHIGAN, AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR, BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR UTILIZING THE RULES AND PROCESSES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. EACH PARTY SHALL BEAR HIS/HER OWN LEGAL EXPENSES IN SUCH ARBITRATION.
12. Rules/Winner Information: The identity of the Prize Winner(s) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by any Michigan resident by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Sponsor at: “Lume Cannabis Co., 769 Chicago Road, Troy MI 48083 ATTN: 4/20 Sweepstakes”
13. Collection of Information: Respecting your privacy is a priority for us. The information you provide to us upon successfully entering into the Sweepstakes is processed in our computer system in the United States. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, residents of the United States consent to receive information sent to you by the Sponsor. However, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of emails from the Sponsor. Your information will not be shared with third parties. Any individual participant in this Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
14. Release of Instagram: You must not inaccurately tag Sponsor-related content on Instagram. By entering the Sweepstakes., you completely release Instagram from all liability related to the Sweepstakes. You further acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.